Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thing 19--Playing!

I found the coolest thing when I was doing Thing 19. But let me preface this by saying that my husband and I like to entertain, at our house or when we've traveled to places where we're meeting up with friends or family. Last spring we were trying to "invent" a drink for a friend of ours for when we met up with her and her husband at a Sherlock Holmes event. We didn't come up with a good one for her, but we did create what we called the "Eagle's Nest Marco Island," for when we travel to Paradise (see earlier post) every summer.

ANYWAY...on the Maryland Libraries 2.0 Web Award List I found this little gem Cocktail Builder. On the site you can plug in what you have on hand in "in my bar" and see what drink you can make, put in an ingredient or flavor in the "search" field and get a list of drinks and what ingredients you need, or you can create a drink and share the recipe with the Cocktail Builder community. I wish I'd known of this site when we were trying to create the drink for our friend!

1 comment:

Christie said...

I'm going to have to share that site with my husband. He made up two drinks for our neighborhood happy hours (the Dry Well - for our street, and the Thunder Hill - for our neighborhood), and both were popular.